Thursday, April 29, 2010

ideas and inspirations: in my freezer

I was at the hairdresser last night and, whilst discussing what we were having for dinner (I was having my home made dumplings) we got onto a discussion on what was in our freezers.  

In my freezer I've got spaghetti bolognaise, fish stock, dumplings and lots and lots of meat (I tend to buy in bulk - the butchers at the Victoria Markets often do special deals for 2kg lots).

I found it fascinating what she had in her freezer and I got lots of ideas for new projects.  She had dumplings too (she has a great trick for making sure they don't freezer together - she freezes them in individual layers first and then puts them in their containers - she reckons you can separate the individual layers with gladwrap).  She also had schnitzels that she'd made herself, cake, bread, almond meal, basil (in ice cubes) and ice cream. It gave me lots of ideas.  I'd love to freeze herbs and to make more stuff from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails