Sunday, May 2, 2010

in the garden: watching things grow!

ugh. it's been a tough couple of weeks, trying to stay motivated.  but today I found the best motivation when I ventured out to take a look at how the garden's going.  it's thriving!  The brussel sprouts are growing strongly


I have long broad bean shoots, 


my cauliflowers are growing strongly in their protective containers 



and the carrots have finally sprouted.  They always seem to sprout a couple of days after I give up hope.

to celebrate, i planted some more seeds: some rocket, lettuce, bok choy and spinach.


however, to keep my motivation up, I've decided to make a list of all the things I want to accomplish in the next couple of weeks. here goes:
  • mint icecream - just got to save the mint from the caterpillars
  • dried marjoram to give away
  • something with my lemon thyme
  • nut brown sage butter - I had some at a restaurant and it was DELICIOUS!
  • chicken stock
  • plant more seedlings
  • ginger beer
  • some more lemonade / limeade
  • something with my lemon verbena
  • a family and friends day making dumplings - i've had a bit of interest and i think it would provide some inspiration as somethings making dumplings can get a little boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails