Saturday, July 31, 2010

food & drink: rocket pesto

Last year I planted a whole lot of rocket.  In the warmer months, it went to seed and when I finally got around to it, I whipped the plants out and composted them. This year I planted more, unawares that below the soil lurked a hidden stockpile!  The rocket self-seeded and has sprout all over my garden. We used a bit in salads and yummy quesadillas but it didn't make much of a dent to the crop.  I was keen to make more use of it so I began searching for a recipe for rocket pesto.  I followed the recipe initially but finding it had more bite to it then I intended, as my rocket was quite old (and peppery), I modified it.

Here is my tasty recipe for rocket pesto.  It's particularly good for old, peppery rocket. 

Ingredients
1 cup rocket
3/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup parsley 
as much oil as you like - I use only enough to make it spreadable but others like it a bit oilier


Method 
Blend!


Yum yum!  I use a teeny tiny bit on ham or salami for a tasty sandwhich.  You could also use it as a pizza base. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails